1/2 Photos of Zucchini & Carrot Ribbon Fettucini
I have been making this recipe for years and years. Found it originally on a box of Mueller's pasta and it has been a hit since then. A pretty side dish to any meal - even pretty enough for guests. My daughter still requests this for her birthday dinner. It does not have a cheese sauce (see other recipes here on Zaar for that) but you do have the option of topping it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese but we enjoy it with just a basic buttered coating more often. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fettuccine (I use whole wheat)
- 2 small zucchini, washed and trimmed
- 3 medium carrots, pared and ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste (I don't use much at all)
- black pepper, coarsely ground, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional on each serving)
- 1In preparation: using a vegetable peeler, slice wide thin strips from the zucchini and carrots, slicing the full length of the vegetable. Set aside.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pasta pot.
- 3Heat butter in a medium skillet just until melted then stir in the zucchini and carrot ribbons; cover and cook over low heat 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir once more.
- 4Drain prepared fettuccine and then toss it with the vegetable ribbons and the herbs.
- 5If desired, sprinkle top generously with Parmesan cheese after placing it in a serving dish and serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini & Carrot Ribbon Fettucini
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g