Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a mixture of about 3 different recipes, along with some edits of my own. I couldn't find one that sounded "just right". We really like them.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the oil with eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon;.
- add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini and carrots.
- If the mixture looks a bit dry add the Orange Juice. Mine looked dry so I did.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.