Recipe by Marz
Got this recipe from From Family Circle, March 2008. Haven't had a chance to make these yet, though they look good.
Top Review by Boomette
Yummy muffins! After 23 minutes they were ready. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. I omitted the sunflower seeds. These muffins have a nice taste and are healthy with the zucchini and carrot. I added a little bit of milk cause the batter was a little bit too thick. Thanks Marz. Made for Photo tag.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded zucchini (about one small zucchini)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 small carrot)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray the muffin tins.
- Whisk the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix eggs, oil and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds to dissolve sugar. Stir the shredded zucchini and carrot.
- Stir egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir in sunflower seeds. Divide batter into the muffin tins about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until crowned and lightly browned.