Recipe by Courtly
This recipe was entered into a muffin contest. It's from taste of home. It was entered by Loretta Blaine. I think this sounds delicious! It was in the top 12.
Top Review by eedison
My 1.5 yo daughter and I made these muffins. They are wonderful! I made only a half batch. I omitted the almonds and did equal parts carrot and zucchini. I decreased the oil by two tablespoons (remember I am making a half batch), and added 1 T almond butter and 1 T applesauce. I also decreased the sugar 1/2 cup instead of 3/4. Just to make give it a bit of extra nutrition power I added 3 T toasted wheat germ. YUM!
- 473.18 ml shredded carrots
- 236.59 ml shredded zucchini
- 236.59 ml chopped peeled apple
- 177.44 ml flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped almonds
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking sida and salt.
- Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in carrot mixture.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.