Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Moist and healthy cupcake. Delicious with or without frosting
Make and share this Zucchini Carrot Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beast sugar, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
- Beat together wet and dry ingredients by hand until no traces of flour remain. Stir in zucchini, carrots, and nuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin liners. Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes or until a cake tester indictes they're done. Cool on a rack.
- Frost with icing if desired. Top with sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or raisins. You can also skip the icing and dust the cupcakes with 10X sugar or just leave plain.
At last, a truly delicious cupcake that is not drowned in oil. My family likes cupcakes without icing. Makes for easy munching without the mess of icing. Thanks for posting.