Recipe by katrosity
Adapted (with more veggies) from Tebo's Zucchini Casserole recipe, here at Food.com. This is a great casserole to experiment with--add your own favorite veggies, cheeses and seasonings for a unique taste every time!
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian cheese, mix by Kraft or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, to taste or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook zucchini, carrots, celery and green onion in a small amount of water until barely tender, about 5 minutes; drain and cool.
- Combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, baking powder and flour.
- Stir egg mixture in with the vegetables.
- Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.