Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
While trying to figure out what the heck to do with a 9 pound zucchini one day a couple of years ago, I discovered this recipe in my Company's Coming Vegetables cookbook. The title is somewhat uninspired and I actually called it something else so people would eat it! Try using Cheddar cheese soup instead of mushroom soup or just adding shredded Cheddar for a cheesy vegetable casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine (or butter)
- 4 cups zucchini, unpeeled and chopped (or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked bread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 cup uncooked bread stuffing mix
- 1Melt first amount of margarine in frying pan. Saute zucchini, carrot and onion until tender. (This may have to be done in batches) Add more margarine if necessary.
- 2Stir in soup, milk, bouillon, first amount of stuffing mix and salt. Transfer to 2 quart casserole dish.
- 3Melt remaining margarine in small saucepan and stir in remaining stuffing mix. Scatter over top of casserole.
- 4Bake uncovered at 350F for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Carrot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 537.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g