Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While trying to figure out what the heck to do with a 9 pound zucchini one day a couple of years ago, I discovered this recipe in my Company's Coming Vegetables cookbook. The title is somewhat uninspired and I actually called it something else so people would eat it! Try using Cheddar cheese soup instead of mushroom soup or just adding shredded Cheddar for a cheesy vegetable casserole.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (or butter)
- 4 cups zucchini, unpeeled and chopped (or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked bread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked bread stuffing mix
- Melt first amount of margarine in frying pan. Saute zucchini, carrot and onion until tender. (This may have to be done in batches) Add more margarine if necessary.
- Stir in soup, milk, bouillon, first amount of stuffing mix and salt. Transfer to 2 quart casserole dish.
- Melt remaining margarine in small saucepan and stir in remaining stuffing mix. Scatter over top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for about 25 minutes.