Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is good to have around when zucchinis are growing out of control in your garden (it happens!). Who would have thought a cake could taste so good with VEGETABLES in it?! LOL
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 medium carrot, grated
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- Add oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt together.
- Gradually add to egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in raisins. zucchini and carrots.
- Bake in a 10-inch tube pan for one hour or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove to wire rack.
- When completely cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature or use soft Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Add to container of non-dairy whipped topping until well blended.
Made this cake last night & had to have a taste. It's flavor was great and it was nice & moist. The only variation I made was I added 1/4 c chopped nuts. I also put it in a 9x13 pan & baked it for 45 minutes at 350F. I will definately make this again.