Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
An extremely moist cake that I guarantee will become your absolute favorite zucchini cake! I got this recipe many years ago from a local hometown newspaper that used to run a special section once a year with recipes submitted by local residents.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil (like canola or corn oil)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, zucchini, carrots, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 deg. for 45 min to 1 hour. The top will be golden and may crack a little -- that's okay!
- Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I followed the recipe, but added a bit of nutmeg and topped with a cream cheese glaze. It is delicious. I think I'll bake multiples and freeze while the zucchini is growing fast and furious
I substituted dried cranberries for the nuts and it's fabulous! So moist and very easy to make, it actually took me longer to shred the veggies than the everything else. Trying anything to get some veggies in get he kids any chance I get and they love it. Going to try fresh cranberries next time.
I can't seem to add photos right now, you can see my cake and many other gluten free sugar free recipes on my instagram lamb_fitness