Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great dinner, or party starter. Try using a combination of squash to vary the color on the plate. Enjoy :)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into paper-thin rounds or 2 medium other kinds squash
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons loosely packed of fresh mint, coarsely chopped or 3 tablespoons chervil, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Combine zucchini rounds and lemon zest in a medium bowl and toss to coat zucchini.
- Arrange zucchini on a platter, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over zucchini and serve.
Did not realize this was a raw dish until I looked more closely at its preparation. The dish was wonderful definitely a keeper!
WONDERFULLY REFRESHING! Vegetarian and Healthy too. I used fresh chives and parsley instead of the listed herbs. We liked this even better than cucumber salad. Freddy Cat approves! Made for the Zaar tag game.