Recipe by superbuna
Crisp and refreshing, this tangy raw zucchini dish can be used as a side veggie or as a salad. It was originally made with baby zucchinis (courgettes) but they are kind of pricey when in season so I use young zucchinis with the same good results.
Top Review by mdinu
Great recipe--I modified it slightly by using romaine lettuce and sauteeing the zucchini in 1/2 the oil for 3 minutes, then adding them to the lettuce. The heat wilts the romaine a little-delicious!
- 4 young zucchini (about 6" each)
- 1⁄4 small head finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped spearmint, leaves
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper