Recipe by TasteTester
Our family loves zucchini, and we tried this recipe last night. It made a delicious and hearty side dish we all enjoyed.
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
- 240.97 g corn muffin mix
- 28.34 g shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- 340.19 g assoreted mushrooms, quartered (4 1/2 cups)
- 236.59 ml drained bottled roasted red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat 12 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine zucchini, muffin mix, cheese, milk, egg, and cayenne pepper; spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Place roasted peppers in blender. Cover; blend until nearly smooth.
- Arrange 3 zucchini cakes on each plate with some of the mushroom and pepper sauce.