1/1 Photo of Zucchini Cakes With Diavolo Sauce
I download this from Cuisine at Home website and with minor adjustments am posting it here for safe keeping. The dish makes a wonderful light supper for 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup prosciutto, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced cut tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- coarse salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1In a medium size saucepan, saute the prosciutto in the olive oil until crisp, add in the onion and bell pepper, cook stirring frequently until crisp tender.
- 2Stir in the garlic and tomato paste, cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, add in the tomato juice from the canned tomatoes and stir mixture scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 3Add the tomatoes, vinegar and red pepper flakes cook until most of the liquid has evaporated add in the fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm while preparing the zucchini cakes.
- 4Using the large side of the box grater, grate the zucchini and onion. Place in the center of a clean kitchen towel, bring up sides and gently squeeze out the moisture.
- 5Place in a medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients and combine well with a spatula.
- 6Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and when hot drop the mixture into the hot pan forming into 4 equal cakes. Cook the bottom until crisp, turn and gently press down on top. Continue to cook until the other side is crisp and browned.
- 7Divide the sauce among 2 plates, top with 2 cakes per each and using a vegetable peeler garnish all with strips of fresh Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Cakes With Diavolo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 434.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: