Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Here's a great recipe to help use up your bumper crop of zucchini!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, seasoning-see Old Bay Seasoning #2
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Grate zucchini and lightly salt.
- Spoon into a colandar and let sit in the sink or over a bowl for 2 hours.
- Discard fluid.
- Rinse the zucchini and squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini, eggs, bread crumbs, mayo, Old Bay, onion and garlic.
- Mix well and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a heavy skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Form zucchini into 8 patties.
- Dredge in flour.
- Fry 3 or 4 at a time to a nice golden brown on each side.
- Drain on a wire rack and repeat.
Easy, great flavor & a super side to any meal. Something just a little different to serve!
These were really tasty... I used some Old bay that I was given to me in a swap as we don't have it here...great for the kids as they wouldn't even know it had vegies from the taste.. I served with a peri peri mayonnaise..thanks for posting!
These were MUCH tastier than I thought they would turn out. I didn't have time to let the grated zucchini sit in the sink, so I squeezed it in a dish towel. That, and not chopping my onions well enough I think made the cakes a little difficult to transport between the cutting board and frying pan. I mixed lots more flour in with each one to make them more of a pattie. They were REALLY tasty, just difficult to get into the frying pan.