Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great idea for putting all the zucchini and squash from your summer garden to good use. This recipe is very forgiving and can be easily adapted to include any ingredients or seasonings you like. I like adding spinach and fresh basil. I also love that this a pretty healthy recipe and the patties can be frozen and reheated later.
- 1 large zucchini or 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lightly press grated zucchini between paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a pan on medium, and coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shape zucchini mix into any size patties you desire (not more than 1/2 inch thick) and drop into hot pan. **NOTE: smaller patties will cook faster and get crispier**.
- Cook each side for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown.
- Place patties on a baking pan and broil them for 1-2 minutes.