Recipe by Dissie
Very good fried zucchini cakes. I got the recipe from Sandra Lee's money saving meals. It was very easy to make and a nice way to use up veggies.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Yummy, excellent. easy and quick. I did add 2 scallions, because I needed to use them up, they were small ones, but didn't change the flavor. They were great and so easy. I had 1/2 lemon which I squeezed over the cakes when done, just because I had to use that too. Thought why not. I can't really say I tasted it all that much. But it just was a great size dish. On my list of favorites by far. I am a huge zucchini fan so it is always in the house!! Thx Kim
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced small
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate 2 zucchini. Put the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze well to remove the excess water.
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini, baking mix, onion, eggs and garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measure drop about 6 to 8 portions of the zucchini mixture into the skillet. Fry on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and drain on a paper lined sheet pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the zucchini cakes on a serving platter and serve with the sour cream.