Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add eggs, oil, lemon juice, orange juice, and honey.
- Mix on low speed to blend, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini (and walnuts if desired).
- Divided batter between 2 greased and floured round cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cakes test done.
- Cool and frost with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- TO Make Frosting: In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, lemon extract and vanilla until throughly blended.
- Add powdered sugar slowly, mixing well after each addition, until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
- Stir in pecans.
I changed this up, I used a chocolate cake mix, left out the lemon. It was easy and taste great. I will keep this one. Thanks for sharing