Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy to whip up. Great taste with the cream cheese frosting. Good way to use up all those zucchini from the garden.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese or 3 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda) in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil, eggs and mix well.
- Add zucchini and walnuts; stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle with additional walnuts.