Recipe by Debbie Smith
Mom had a horrible time getting us kids to eat zucchini. This was one of the few recipes containing zucchini that we all enjoyed. It's also a good idea for those people who have an overabundance of zucchini from their gardens each year. Just mix, bake and throw on some icing!
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
WONDERFUL! And I even messed up! Not too bad though. I added 1 tsp of baking powder rather than the 1/2 tsp it called for. I was also really worried when the mixture, before the zucchini was added in, was more like the consitency of cookie dough, but the moisture from the zucchini helped a ton! Thanks so much for a great recipe!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup oil (safflower works well)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and lightly flour 9"x13" pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Mix all ingredients except for the zucchini in large bowl.
- Beat well.
- Add zucchini and stir lightly.
- Pour batter into 9"x13" pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for around one hour.
- Test by sticking a toothpick into the center of the cake (s).
- When the toothpick comes out clean, it is ready to take out of the oven.