Recipe by Shanna =^..^=
I haven't tried this yet, but it is a recipe that has been handed down for generations in my husband's family, so I am thinking it will be very good.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups zucchini (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x13-inch cake pan.
- In medium sized bowl sift flour, add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In large bowl beat eggs, add sugar, oil and lemon juice mix well. Slowly add flour mixture mixing well as you go.
- Slowly mix in nuts (if desired) and shredded zucchini (make sure you squeeze excess moisture from zucchini before adding).
- Pour into cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to test center of cake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!