Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
We have tried a lot of different recipes for zucchini cake, but this one given to me by a homeschooling cohert, is our favorite.
- 3 cups zucchini, grated with peel left on
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan or 9 x 13 pan.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan if using a 9 x 13 dish; turn out after cooling about 10 minutes if using a bundt pan.
- Cake may be frosted with a cream cheese frosting, drizzled with a glaze of powdered sugar, milk and almond extract, or served plain (which is our usual way).