Yum. one of the top burgers I've ever made. Get grilling!
Make and share this Zucchini Burgers (no, not vegetarian) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 -2 jalapeno, minced (for extra spunk, add a splash of jalapeno juice)
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices cheese, of choice (optional)
- 4 large hamburger buns
Garnishes of choice
- bell pepper (etc.)
- Mix first six ingredients together, add salt and pepper to taste, and form four patties.
- Grill until desired doneness is reached, placing one slice of cheese on each burger when they are turned.
- Serve with desired garnishes.
These burgers were delicious but I think a must would be to remove the excess moisture from the zucchinis before mixing because our patties would not hold together when cooking. It was a mess, but a delicious one so it was well worth it :) Thanks!
Really good burger and a great way to use up zucchini, not to mention sneak some veggies in the kids diets;) I made them as suggested except doubled the recipe and added 2T of taco seasoning instead of salt and pepper. Make sure to oil the grill or pan though b/c they will stick. Thanks Izzy! Loved the recipe!
These were just so yummy! I added a good glug of Peri Peri Sauce in place of the Jalapeno's as I had none on hand. The patties held together well and were moist and tasty! Added to a bun and topped with cheese, caramelised onions, bacon, lettuce and tomatoe they made a fab burger.