Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Delicious. Took me about an hour to cook it. The icing is a little too lemon-y so I may only put 1tblsp next time. Came out looking so good that my toddler took a bite out of it while it cooled! It's moist and fluffy--maybe the graham crumbs helped with that--otherwise I don't know what they do for the recipe. I didn't taste them. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Add zucchini& nuts& toss lightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat oil and sugar; add one egg at a time, beating until creamy and smooth.
- Add crumbs& zucchine mixture; beat& blend well.
- Pour into a greased 10" bundt pan or a large tube pan.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove from pan; cool and glaze.
- Glaze: Cream butter; add icing sugar and lemon juice; beat until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.