Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is easy to sneak in healthier ingredients because the chocolate covers it up! Options: use half splenda half sugar, add 1/2 c chopped nuts, use all purpose flour. After cooled, top with "Chocolate Frosting for Zucchini Brownies", also on Food.com. I personally like them fine without the frosting, but they are good with it as well. Personal choice. http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-frosting-for-zucchini-brownies-461602
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9x13 baking pan (I use glass and just spray Pam).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into the sugar mixture.
- Fold in zucchini (& nuts if you wish; I pureed zucchini so it was undetectable, but just shredded is fine, it blends in for the most part).
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven, or until brownies spring back when gently touched.
- Cool & frost, if desired.
These brownies are great! So moist. And full of chocolate flavor. With the frosting it's the best. We can't notice the whole wheat flour in it. I reduced the sugar by half. I shredded the zucchinis. I made half the recipe in a 8 x 8 inch pan. Next time I'll use parchment paper in the bottom of the pan so it's easier to remove the brownies. Thanks herbiechic :) Made for PAC Fall 2011