Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was an experiement that pleasantly surprised me! I was simply trying to feed my chocolate monster quickly, while maintaining a bit of my healthy eating habits.
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded (about 1 small)
- 1 (19 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Whisk first 5 ingredients well.
- Add Brownie mix, stirring well.
- Fold in chips and nuts.
- Spread in jelly roll pan and bake according to box directions. Brownies will appear "wet" but will test done.
I had a garden of abundant zucchini and brownie mix that was 12 months past the stamped date, and this recipe was perfect. The zucchini and additional ingredients actually make a brownie mix taste much better. I used about 2 cups of grated zucchini, but squeezed some of the water out of it with paper towels. Delicious.
Used a Ghiradelli brownie mix with chocolate chunks and probably should have omitted the additional chocolate chips, it was too much. Was afraid I'd overbake, and probably underbaked, the brownies were very wet and fudgy. That said, this is a great, lower fat way to use up a lot of zucchini, and my family inhaled them in less than 24 hours. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
After making these, most of them went off to work with my other half for sharing! This unusual way to make brownies (for me, anyway) worked very well ~ A moist & chocolaty satisfying treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]