Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.sparkrecipes.com website: "Although chocolate and zucchini may sound like an odd combination, these are scrumptious! A whole-grain and veggie treat!"
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil (or perhaps we can try unsweetened applesauce?)
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Gently stir in the grated zucchini.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes, testing with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into 24 squares.