Recipe by tehparrot
My grandmother's recipe for vegan brownies. She says she gave them to a bunch of her friends, and none of them ever guessed that they were vegan. They must be good!
Top Review by krazyspazmo
I've made these before and the batter doesn't get as crumbly if you mix all the dry ingredients except the sugar in one bowl.. and then all the wet ingredients, zucchini, and sugar in another. Let the zucchini/wet ingredient/sugar mixture sit for a couple minutes, and it will get syrupy like when you add sugar to strawberries. THEN combine the two. :) Makes all the difference in the world! I also put vegan dark chocolate chips on top of mine :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla, oil, and zucchini and mix well.
- Bake in an ungreased 9 x 13 inches pan at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: You can substitute the sugar for splenda or add a 1/2 cup of chopped nuts if you wish.