Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to eat your veggies, and kids will love this, too. If you want, you can make this ahead and let sit in a baking dish overnight. The next morning simply pour into a cast iron skillet.Be sure and use real bacon bits NOT imitation. The flavor is different.
- Set your broiler on high.
- Stem and seed pepper.
- Chop pepper and set aside.
- Dice zucchini. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 12" cast iron skillet.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and zucchini to skillet.
- Cook until crisp tender about 2-4 minutes, stirring.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Add cheeses to eggs.
- Shake skillet and pour eggs into skillet.
- Stir to spread veggies out equally.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil until golden and eggs are set and cheeses are melted.
- You can put this in a baking dish and bake at 325°F for about 30 minutes. Check to see if eggs are set.
What a GREAT way to use zucchini. This breakfast dish was wonderful. Even those who don't like zucchini will love this. We loved the combination of the zucchini, cheeses and bacon bits with the eggs. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper, Westtextazzy.