Recipe by pixieglenn
I am letting my long held secret out of the bag! My family and friends love these and always want the recipe but I have, until now, guarded it with my life. My kids love to eat these after playing sports or for breakfast. You can also make these an OAMC recipe for quick on the go meals! (See below for instructions on OAMC)
Top Review by Signlady
Excellent! They puffed up really nice and are delicious. I was concerned as I was making it because the batter was very thick--it climbed up my beaters. I used half Splenda and half sugar as I did not have the Splenda Blend. A keeper! Thanks Pixieglenn.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients (I don't think order of ingredients necessarily matters).
- Blend with handmixer or Kitchenaide very well, about 2 minutes.
- Grease and fill jumbo muffin tins at least 3/4 full, but I do it to the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fork comes out clean from center.
- To make this an OAMC recipe, you can either make the batter and freeze it, just thaw and fill tins and bake as normal. OR you can make the muffins and thaw them in the microwave.