Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from Maman Dion (mother of Celine). This is a sweet quick bread.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar (feel free to reduce it or substitute with splenda)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (you can use applesauce instead)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini, unpeeled and grated (Spronge the grated zucchini in a clean towel to remove the water)
- 3⁄4 cup nutella
- Preheat oven at 350°F Grease a loaf pan of 9 x 5 x 3 inches.
- In a bowl, put eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix with a spatula.
- Add zucchini and stir well.
- Pour half the dough in the greased pan. Spread with the Nutella, cover with the remaining dough.
- Cook in center of oven for 1 hour.
helpful tip with nutella: pour the dough into pans and swirl the nutella into the mixture. This helps prevent it from sinking to the bottom and sticking to the pan.
I had the same problem as LARavenscroft as all the Nutella sunk to the bottom, then stuck to the bottom of the pan when I tried to get it out of the pan :-/. It does taste delicious though. It's very moist. Thanks!
Made for And the Secret Ingredient is............ This wasn't very pretty when it came out of the pan and all of the Nutella sunk to the bottom, but oh, did it ever taste good. DH couldn't quit raving about it. I did convert this to gluten free by using 2/3 cup each of brown rice flour, cornstarch, and tapioca starch and adding 1 tsp xanthan gum. Not sure if that's what made the Nutella sink to the bottom or not. Anyway, I'll make this again. Thanks for posting this Boomette!