A great zucchini bread that makes two loaves, one to eat and one to share or freeze for later. This is from a Del Monte cookbook originally, but I have tweaked it through the years. Everyone who tries it loves it, even the kiddos- enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini- set aside.
- Cream sugar and oil together. Add eggs, zucchini and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add raisins and nuts.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well (but dont overmix).
- Pour into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tests done.
- Let stand 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool.
- To freeze: Let bread cool completely. Wrap tightly with multiple layers of plastic wrap. Freeze. When ready to eat, take out of the freezer and remove plastic wrap. Thaw on counter and enjoy- tastes like you just got it out of the oven!
I don't know if I made this correctly or not. The 2 loaves I got did not rise very high. However, the taste was scrumptious! I think I could have gotten 1 large loaf using the 9x5 pan, and a smaller one using my smaller loaf pan. This smelled wonderful, and gave the house that "welcome" ambiance. Will definitely make this again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Munchkin Mama. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.