Recipe by sugarpea
Made this up when I had a glut of both ingredients one summer. It's very moist and is best, I think, when served cold from the refrigerator. Makes 2 loaves so you can share with a friend. This is actually easier to mix by hand than with an electric mixer.
Top Review by HomeMommy
Yummy! I followed some of the other suggestions and only used 1 3/4 cup sugar and put in 1/2 c applesauce for 1/2 of the oil. I used 2 cups of blueberries and it turned out delicious! And healthier :)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unpeeled grated zucchini (food processor works well)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla and almond extract to beaten eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to batter.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8x4x2" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/4 hours until inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Cool on rack and store in plastic wrap in refrigerator.