Cook1 hr 15 mins
Made this up when I had a glut of both ingredients one summer. It's very moist and is best, I think, when served cold from the refrigerator. Makes 2 loaves so you can share with a friend. This is actually easier to mix by hand than with an electric mixer.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unpeeled grated zucchini (food processor works well)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- Add oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla and almond extract to beaten eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to batter.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8x4x2" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/4 hours until inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Cool on rack and store in plastic wrap in refrigerator.
Yummy! I followed some of the other suggestions and only used 1 3/4 cup sugar and put in 1/2 c applesauce for 1/2 of the oil. I used 2 cups of blueberries and it turned out delicious! And healthier :)
This the best recipe for zucchini bread. I made three different recipes (6 loaves in one day) from one gigantic zucchini, chocolate, pineapple and this blueberry recipe. Everyone agreed the blueberry was the best. This be the only recipe I will be making from now on.
I just made this bread. YUM! I chose this recipe instead of my usual because I was out of raisins and my DH complains if I don't put raisins in it. I will be making this again. Very good and moist. I had to have a piece as soon as it came out of the oven and nearly burned my mouth. I did change a few things. I used splenda instead of sugar and reduced it to 1 3/4 cups as suggested. I substituted pureed plums(tree was on steroids) for the oil.I always put in applesauce for the oil we actually like it better. My Dh is on his fourth piece.