1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was having a hard time trying to find something on the healthier side that really worked. This may be it, but I am looking forward to hearing feedback on suggestions to improve it even further.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups zucchini (shredded)
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (the one with yolk)
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda granular
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce (no sugar added Mott's brand is good)
- 2 cups flour (1 cup whole wheat & 1 cup white whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons wheat gluten flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more if you really want the cinnamon to stand out)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped and optional)
- Pam cooking spray (for baking)
- 1Shred zucchini and squeeze in paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- 2In a large bowl mix the zucchini, eggs, applesauce and vanilla (stir by hand).
- 3In another large bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and then sift together at least twice if not three times. Add the walnuts at this point.
- 4Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while adding the splenda in this step. Incorporate only until the mixture is wet.
- 5Spray large loaf pan with Pam for Baking and spread mixture into pan.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 55-75 minutes; checking periodically by sticking a knife into the center.
- 7When knife comes out clean, remove from oven.
- 8Let sit in pan for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in a large zip lock bag and keep in fridge for freshness.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Bread (Whole Wheat, Sugar Free & Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute