A hearty vegetarian main dish that uses my favorite zucchini and fresh herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 5 cups sourdough bread or 5 cups Italian bread, 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large frypan, saute and stir the zucchini and corn in hot oil for 3 minutes.
- 2Add in roasted pepper, garlic, basil, parsley, and sage; stir and cook for 2 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- 3Add in bread cubes; stir.
- 4Place half of the mixture in a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- 6Place remaining zucchini mixture over the cheese layer; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 7Sprinkle with pecans.
- 8In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs; add half-and-half, salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- 9Pour over bread mixture.
- 10Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- 11Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.4
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 222.6 mg
- Sodium 133.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.6 g