Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have been baking this for my family for years, but now I have modified it to use a sugar substitute. The browned outside part is the most tasty. It is great with a little butter or margarine.
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (sugar substitute)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (Egg Beaters)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non stick coating.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and egg whites, canola oil, and the grated zucchini.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the flour mixture.
- The dough will be somewhat thick.
- Stir until the flour mixture is just moistened.
- Spread evenly into the loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes.
I appreciate this recipe so much, especially on behalf of my diabetic friends ~ It makes for A VERY TASTY BREAD, & is something I'm happy to make again & share with friends! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Diabetes Awareness Month Tag Game]