Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another variation using zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans. (Grease liberally.) Alternately, line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as nuts, chocolate chips and/or dried fruit, if using.
- Stir this into the egg mixture. Divide the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves for 60 minutes, plus or minus ten, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Muffins will bake far more quickly, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.