I have been making this zucchini bread for years now. I got it from a friend of mine and we used to make it and give it out for Christmas in baskets. Everyone seems of love it and always want more. This bread will come out darker, but is not as sweet as made with white sugar. If you have a regular zucchini bread recipe just substitute the white sugar with brown. You also can add 1/2 cup of white sugar instead of 2 cups of brown if you want a lighter bread.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar (or 1/2 cup white sugar and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Prepare bread pans,. I just use Pam cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl: Beat eggs until frothy, add sugar, oil, molasses, vanilla, and zucchini, mix well.
- Combine flour slowly, add soda,baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Also add nuts if desired.
- Pour into bread pans, bake at 325°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- This recipe makes 3 large or 6 small bread pans. This may vary.