Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Makes one loaf.
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 354.88 ml freshly shredded zucchini
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml gluten-free flour, mix
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum for each cup flour
- Shred the zucchini and chop walnuts and set aside.
- Us a mixer to beat the eggs and add the sugar, oil and vanilla. Add the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Slowly pour in the flour and xanthan gum until well mixed. By hand, mix in the zucchini and walnuts. Pour in greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 for 75 minutes. Let cool.
I made this over the weekend and it was great - thank you for the recipe. For the GF flour mix, I used a combination of Bob's Red Mill all-purpose, and then a mix of other GF flours (I don't remember exactly which ones).
Thank you for making this recipe so easy and VERY DELICIOUS. I think I will try it in muffin form the next time. I can't seem to keep the rest of my family out of it (they are not gluten free). I am the only one in the house that is. It was moist and airy, the edges were not tough and the texture was very good. It didn't have the after taste of some GF breads either.
Thank you so much for this recipe! I am new to gluten-free cooking and this was such a treat. I ended up making it in muffin pans, which of course cut the cooking time considerably. Can't wait to try it out on some of my friends with more skeptical pallets:)