Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Healthy and tasty and the kids like it too!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups raw zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat eggs till light and foamy.
- Add sugar, oil, zucchini, carrot, and vanilla to mixture.
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Mix in chips.
- Pour in loaf pans or cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- I sometimes use about 3/4 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup of oil for great results.
Healthy and tasty is right, Caryn. I grind my own white wheat flour, which is nice and light, so I used all whole wheat flour to make this bread, and didn't add the chocolate chips. I made this recipe in a double batch, one for us and one to mail to my elderly parents. I got good reviews from both places. Next time I think I will add in some plump raisins...and there will be a next time!
For a cake, I didn't find this quite sweet enough, but then I didn't include the chocolate chips. Maybe they would have helped. No other problems though.
Yumm yumm yumm-- this is it, the best zuchinne bread for everyone, and no one will know it is in there. So easy and fast.