1/1 Photo of Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickles
I found this on Taste and have made it a couple of times in an effort to use some of the tons of zucchini we have available right now. It's a great recipe! The three hours salting of the zucchini isn't included in the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice zucchini diagonally into 5mm-thick slices (if you have a mandolin with a waffle-cutter attachment, you can use this to slice). Cut onions in half and, using a knife, thinly slice. Place vegetables in a bowl. Add salt and toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 2Drain vegetables. Rinse very well under running water, then drain. Pat dry with paper towels then transfer to a clean stainless steel or heatproof glass bowl.
- 3Place remaining ingredients in a stainless steel saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Immediately pour mixture over vegetables.
- 4Divide among sterilised jars and seal while hot. Cool to room temperature then store in the fridge for 2 days before eating, or for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (2774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.2
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3569.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g