- 18 small zucchini
- 4 medium onions
- 4 cups vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pickling salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 4 teaspoons turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the zucchini and onions.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, and turmeric in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add zucchini and onions and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pack mixture into sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- Adjust caps.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- When cool, check jars for proper seal; refrigerate any that do not seal promptly.
- Store others in a cool, dry place; pickles taste best after aging several weeks.