Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great way to use up the zucchini that takes over your garden.
Make and share this Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and onions.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, and turmeric in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add zucchini and onions and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pack mixture into sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- Adjust caps.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- When cool, check jars for proper seal; refrigerate any that do not seal promptly.
- Store others in a cool, dry place; pickles taste best after aging several weeks.
this is a very easy recipe to do and i used cucumbers instead of zucchini but i am doing the zucchini next it is a great way to use up both the overload of of zucchini and cucumbers
These pickles are great! Thanks so much for a great recipe. A great way to use up extra zucchini. Am already planning a second batch. And for those who aren't zucchini eaters, they will love these pickles, as they don't taste like zucchini.
These are terrific pickles. I also add mustard seeds to my recipe. My recipe is smaller, therefore, you might want to try adding 4 teaspoons of mustard seeds to this size recipe. People never know that they arn't cukes until you tell them and they still can't believe it! Great recipe! You might also want to try putting the sliced zucchini, onions, and salt in ice water for 2 hours, drain and then proceed with the recipe.