Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
We love this bread in my house! I've even "forgotten" the cinnamon and it still has incredible flavor. We use three regular bread pans and the recipe yields 2-2 1/2" thick bread, which we slice into approximately 18 1/2" pieces.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Sift together white and wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Beat together eggs and sugar.
- Add oil and applesauce.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Spray loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use 2-3 2 1/2"x9" loaf pans, depending on desired size of loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- Bread is done when fork inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf pans on baking rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of bread with knife and invert loaf pans to release bread and continue cooling on baking rack.
Moist and delicious! I substituted yellow squash. Doesn't change the flavor, just the bits of color in the loaf.
Very easy to make and delicious. Since I know that Americans like it very sweet ;-) I used only 2 cups of sugar (but brown sugar) and it's definitely sweet enough. My kids love it too!
This bread was the most moist bread I have ever had. I didn't have any wheat flour so I used 4 cups of white flour instead. It came our beautiful. It was very easy to make. Everyone loved it so that the 2 loaves I made were gone in no time!!!