Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
This is a very moist bread. Friends bring me zucchini that are too large cause they know I make bread and they will end up with a loaf as a TY! The recipe is from "Old PIONEER Recipes" by Bear Wallow Books. I hope you enjoy. By the way I don't know prep time cause I've never timed myself.
Top Review by Atomic Girl Cooks!
Late summer - that means it's massive torpedo zucchini time! This is a great way to use some of those giant zukes. I omitted the nuts and wound up with a moist, flavourful loaf. This one's going into the permanent file!
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated raw zucchini, drained
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beaten eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Beat mixture throughly.
- Stir in grated zucchini.
- In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients, except nuts.
- Stir dry ingredients into zucchini mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into 2 well greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 60 minutes.