Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was given this recipe when my partner stuck to many zucchini plants in the veggie patch. It's great for morning and afternoon tea.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup oil or 125 g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced 160°C).
- Grease 2 loaf tins and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- Then mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide into the prepared loaf tins.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with butter while warm.
- They can be frozen.
This makes a very good bread. I did add a small can of crushed pineapple and cut the oil down to 1/4 cup, just trying to lighten up on the fat a little. Thanks for a great recipe. Wonderful use for all those zucchini that I have coming out of the garden.