Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup finely diced apple
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In one bowl mix first 6 ingredients, in another bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Combine flour mixture into liquid -- mix thoroughly with your hands, as you would for bread.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for approx. 35-55 minutes, according to your oven.
- In the fall we make this recipe with finely chopped, peeled apples.
- They freeze great!
Excellent recipe. I've never made zucchini bread before, but was given some fresh from a garden. I didn't have any lemon peel, so I put in a little nutmeg, can't have nuts so I tried grape nuts and it worked great. The zucchini was a little dry and I ended up adding another egg to get it to stick together. Fantastic flavor.
This recipe was very good. I added another egg which made it just a little heavier... which we like when it comes to breads like this. It is a recipe we will make again. :)
Yummy, my kids said it was the best bread they have ever tasted! I 1 cup zucchini and 1/2 cup apple, blended it with the rest of the wet ingredients and then added it to the dry ingredients.