Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The BEST zucchini bread ever!
Make and share this Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups tightly packed shredded zucchini
- Preheat your oven to 350° and thoroughly grease a bundt pan. If a silicone pan use vegetable oil and your hand. If using a metal pan grease with shortening to ensure the bread doesn't stick.
- If you do not have cake flour you can create a substitute. Sift all-purpose flour and then measure 1-1/2 cups of it into a bowl. Remove 3 level tablespoons of flour from the bowl and put back into your flour container. Add to your bowl 3 level tablespoons of cornstarch. Mix very well with a wire whisk.
- Measure your first five ingredients into a bowl. If you completed step 1, go to the ingredients list and add the baking soda, spices, and salt to your flour mixture. Stir the dry ingredients very well until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat the eggs, oil, and brown sugar until thoroughly mixed. Add the dry ingredients to this and mix will to incorporate.
- Add the shredded zucchini and the nuts and mix well.
- Evenly pour the mixture into your pan. Don't pour into just one spot or the nuts will stay in that area.
- Bake at 350° for at least 1 hour. The baking time will depend on the moisture in your zucchini. The top of the bread should be slightly cracked and dark brown when done. Use a knife to determine doneness. The knife doesn't have to be completely clean when you pull it out of the middle of the bread but it shouldn't have batter sticking to it.