Recipe by Chef Ripple
Fresh from the garden Zucchini's
Top Review by Boomette
I halved the recipe to have 12 muffins but got only 9. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. I used 1/4 cup of oil and 1/4 cup of applesauce. The taste is very good. Even my son loved them. Thanks Chef Ripple :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
- 2 cups raw zucchini, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini in a strainer, press and squeeze with your hands to get the excess liquid out.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and walnuts. Mix together with a wooden spoon or spoonula.
- Add drained zucchini, mix well. For Loaf Pans: pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake 55 to 65 minutes at 350 degrees, ( For Muffins: bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes ) or until a wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.