Recipe by Sea-town Chef
Perfectly moist, but not overly so. This zucchini bread uses some low-fat tricks but is still plenty decadent!
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until foamy and light, then mix in vanilla, oil, applesauce and sugar. Stir until well blended. Add zucchini and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients with wet. Separate dough into two 8.5x4 inch pans (greased and floured). Bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes.